How to Choose the Best HVAC Contractor in Scranton, PAPosted On: June 4, 2015
Picking the Right Heating & Cooling Company
Choosing a home service company of any kind can be difficult, let alone choosing the best HVAC contractor. Homeowners in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area have a variety of HVAC contractors to choose between when you need a new heating or cooling system installed, furnace or air conditioner repaired, or scheduling a tune-up for your system.
So, how do you choose the best HVAC contractor in Scranton? Below, we’ve outlined how to choose a trustworthy, experienced heating and cooling company.
Do Your Research
Before hiring one company over another, it’s important to do your research. Some research methods to help you choose the best HVAC contractor in Scranton are:
- Do a Google search – Google can be a valuable research tool. A simple Google search of “Scranton HVAC contractor” will certainly give you many options. So, how do you know which company is the best company to choose? Visit the Google+ pages of each contractor and read multiple customer reviews to see how others in Scranton value each contractor’s work.
- Use online directories – Many homeowners see online directories in their search results when searching for a home service company. One sign of a trustworthy HVAC contractor in the Scranton, PA area is a complete directory profile. Popular directories include Yelp, Angie’s List, Facebook, BBB (Better Business Buereau), etc. and often include more customer reviews and a company grade.
- Ask neighbors – Sometimes the best advice on how to choose the best HVAC contractor comes directly from your neighbors. Ask around to see what contractors those in your neighborhood or down the street hired in the past. Ask if they liked them, if they did good work, if there were any problems that required additional trips? Were they comfortable having them in or around their home? These questions can not only help you get a better sense of the contractors work, but if you could trust them in and around your home for a few hours, or even an entire day, depending on the scope of work needed.
- Ask for a written estimate – One surefire sign of a good HVAC contractor in the Scranton area is if they provided written estimates. Often times, heating and cooling companies that do not provide written estimates are trying to hide something—overtime fees, the true scope of the work provided, hourly rates, etc. A written estimate ensures you understand the work provided and how much you can expect to pay for it.
- Ask for affiliations and licenses – The best HVAC contractors in Scranton are always licensed in their trade. Look for heating and cooling companies whose technicians are industry licensed or certified in addition to being insured is a sign of a good HVAC company. For example, if a technician is injured while working on your system, you can rest assured you won’t be the one expected to pay any financial compensation.
- Look for awards – Awards in the HVAC industry are given for a reason—to help customers find the best HVAC contractors in the area! When you’re looking for a heating and air conditioning contractor you can trust, ask if they have ever won any industry awards, such as the National Comfort Institute Contractor of the Year, Distinguished Dealer awards, etc.
Make the Call!
One you’ve found an HVAC contractor in Scranton to your liking, give them a call to schedule your service!
Best HVAC Contractor in the Scranton, PA Area
T.E. Spall & Son is the premier choice of Scranton residents when choosing the best HVAC contractor. Serving Scranton and the entire northeastern Pennsylvania area for over 20 years. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners restore comfort to their home.
To schedule HVAC services, including heating and cooling installations, repairs, and maintenance, give us a call or contact us online! We’ll be happy to service your home.