Your air ducts are an important piece of your HVAC puzzle, and they shouldn’t be overlooked. They are responsible for distributing cool and heated air, and they can be the source of many of the smells in your home. If your ducts are leaking or are dirty, they can wreak havoc on your indoor air quality, and you can lose up to 30% of your heated or cool air. That can affect your comfort while driving up your energy bills and possibly creating health hazards in your home.
So, if your ducts are not in good shape due to holes, leaks, or other problems, you need a reliable ductwork installation and repair company—you need T.E. Spall & Son. The heated or cooled air that is being pushed through the ducts will end up seeping out before it reaches your home.
For top-notch ductwork repair and installation service for your Northeastern PA home, call T.E. Spall & Son at (570) 281-0155 or contact us online to schedule service.
Leaky Ducts: Signs You Need Ductwork Repair
The best way to find out if you have damage or leaks to your ducts is to have a professional perform an inspection. There are also a few signs that might signal there is something going wrong within your ducts.
- Your summer and winter energy bills are both high.
- You have rooms that are not comfortable in summer or winter.
- You have ducts that are in a crawl space, garage or attic.
- There are signs of kinks or tangles when you do look at your ducts.
Notice any of these red flags? If so, now’s the time to call T.E. Spall & Son at (570) 281-0155 or contact us online to schedule ductwork repair service at your Northeastern PA home.
What Is Duct Sealing?
Duct sealing makes sure that your ducts do not have cracks or leaks. If these are found the ducts are sealed off correctly or replaced so that your duct system works effectively. Having your ducts sealed by a professional will ensure that you are no longer throwing heated or cooled air out into the world.
Benefits of Duct Sealing
The number one benefit of duct sealing is that all that air your system is working hard to heat or cool will be pushed into your home instead of leaking out. Here are some more benefits you may want to consider when it comes to duct sealing.
- Indoor Air Quality. When you have leaks in your duct system, chemicals, dust and allergens can enter your ducts and find their way into your home.
- Safety. Leaky duct systems may suffer from back drafting. This is when combustion gases get drawn back into your home.
- Savings. By sealing up your ducts you are increasing the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems. This will save you money on your energy bills.
- Comfort. All that air that has been leaking outside will now be pushed into your home; this can fix those areas that never feel comfortable no matter how you adjust the thermostat
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of duct sealing, contact the team at T.E. Spall & Son today!
How to Have Your Ducts Inspected & Sealed
If you would like more information on having your ducts sealed, contact the home comfort experts at T.E. Spall & Son. We offer a full range of heating and cooling services including duct inspections and sealings.
Call (570) 281-0155 or contact T.E. Spall & Son online to schedule ductwork installation or repair service at your Northeastern PA home.
We proudly serve the Scranton area, including:
Archbald ∙ Carbondale ∙ Dunmore ∙ Fleetville ∙ Lenoxville ∙ Susquehanna ∙ Wilkes-Barre