Many of the modern furnaces on today’s market are reliable; however, even the best furnaces can break down a time or two in their lifetime. There are many things that can go wrong with your furnace. But, we notice many of the homeowners in northeast PA area are experiencing the same set of problems. Below, the HVAC experts at T.E. Spall & Son have outlined the most common furnace problems.
- Dirty filter – if your furnace filters are dirty or clogged, your heating unit will not work as well as it should. To fix this problem, simply replace your furnace filter or clean it with warm water.
- Thermostat errors – sometimes, your issue is not the furnace—it’s the thermostat! Try changing the batteries. If this fails, call T.E. Spall & Son to have your thermostat fixed or replaced.
- Clogged burner – if you notice your furnace is making loud noises, it could mean many things. However, we often see it is due to a clogged burner.
- Incorrect sizing – the size of your furnace compared to your home is one of the most important aspects to look at when installing a new heating unit. If your previous HVAC contractor did not take the size of your home into consideration, you may run into many issues throughout its lifetime.
- Unlit pilot light – the pilot light in your furnace can burn out, which will cause a defective furnace. Call us to have your pilot light lit and running again.
- Faulty limit switch – if your blower is running continuously, it could either be an error with your thermostat settings or a broken limit switch. If your thermostat is set to AUTO and your furnace is still running constantly, give us a call to assess the situation.
Our number one tip for homeowners is schedule annual maintenance. Maintenance and tune-up checks can ensure your furnace is safe to run and will run with little to no issues all season long. During a maintenance check, our technicians will clean, lubricate, and test all moving parts of your furnace.
Our second tip is keep your furnace clean. Replace or clean your air filters every four to six weeks to avoid unwanted clogs and dirt.
Contact T.E. Spall & Son for Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Whether your furnace needs to be repaired or tuned-up, call the expert technicians at T.E. Spall & Son! Since 1985, we have been a customer-focused HVAC company in the Scranton, PA area. Our highly trained professionals’ number one goal is to provide you with the best customer service and to resolve your issue. Contact us online or give us a call to schedule service!