Servicing the Scranton & Wilkes-Barre, PA Areas
If you have a rooftop package HVAC system, you enjoy conveniently placed equipment situated high off the ground where it can’t detract from the look of your home or business. To keep the equipment in good working order, it’s important to schedule rooftop HVAC maintenance at least once a year.
What does a maintenance visit entail, and why is it so important? Once you answer these questions, you won’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with a qualified contractor in northeastern Pennsylvania—like T.E. Spall & Son! Give us a call at 877-591-7508 to schedule your service, or contact us online!
What’s Included in Rooftop HVAC Maintenance?
Rooftop packaged systems are continually exposed to the elements. Their efficiency is bound to plummet if they aren’t cleaned and maintained yearly. Here are the most important tasks our professional technicians perform when servicing your rooftop HVAC system:
- Change the filter to promote proper airflow.
- Check refrigerant levels to encourage the most efficient operation possible.
- Clean heat exchangers to remove dust and debris.
- Inspect belts and replace them when wear and tear causes them to fray.
- Lubricate fan bearings for smooth operation.
- Inspect the condensate drain for leaks, corrosion, or blockages.
- Examine the electrical system and address worn contacts.
- Check the economizer louver for proper motion and sealing.
- Apply a light-colored coating around the unit if the roof is dark to improve cooling efficiency.
Benefits of Rooftop HVAC Maintenance
It’s easy to skip maintenance because, with the packaged system located on the roof, it’s often a case of “out of sight, out of mind.” However, maintenance is a low-cost method to keep your entire heating and cooling system running well for years to come. The benefits of having your equipment serviced annually by a professional HVAC technician include:
- Energy savings: A properly cared for system operates far more efficiently than a neglected one. In fact, the energy savings are often high enough to cover the cost of maintenance.
- Warranty protection: One condition of most warranties is that you schedule annual maintenance. Failure to do so could void your coverage, leaving you unprotected if your system malfunctions within the typical warranty period.
- Fewer breakdowns and repairs: Maintenance doesn’t guarantee you won’t have any equipment failures, but it greatly reduces the chance. This saves you the inconvenience of scheduling an emergency visit and saves you money on repair costs.
- Discounts on repairs: For those times when repairs become necessary, customers with an HVAC maintenance agreement receive a 15 percent discount on all services. It’s just another way preventative maintenance helps pay for itself.
- Peace of mind: One important part of regular inspections is to ensure safe equipment operation. With yearly visits, you can put your mind at ease knowing your rooftop package HVAC system isn’t malfunctioning dangerously.
Schedule HVAC Maintenance in the Scranton & Wilkes-Barre Areas
If you have put off maintaining your rooftop package HVAC, now’s the time to contact T.E. Spall & Son. We have been maintaining rooftop packaged systems in the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre, PA areas for nearly 30 years. Schedule service today!